Each Friday I share a quote I love and some things I’ve found interesting from around the web. Here’s what I’ve bookmarked this week:
- A Breath of French Air is a new-ish blog that lets you stow away as a pair of married Midwesterners leave behind their IT and architecture jobs to become expats in France. And get this: they sailed to their new life on the Queen Victoria.
- Kansas City’s mayor says that less than half of dads read to their kids and he’s encouraging change with the #DadsTurnThePage hashtag on Twitter, where dads post pictures of themselves reading to their kids. The pictures are just as adorable as you might think.
- Have you seen the new Netflix comedy Grace and Frankie? I haven’t yet but my kids are watching it and, as I passed through the family room while it was on, I commented that I thought I would like it for the houses alone. Houzz must like the sets too because they delivered a behind-the-scenes tour. (I’ve also been thinking of other pairings of the four iconic actors who star in the show: Sam Waterston and Jane Fonda in Newsroom, Martin Sheen and Lily Tomlin in West Wing, and of course Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin in 9 to 5. I’m sure there are more.)
- I appreciated reading what Heather of Decor Fix wishes she had known before buying an old house. I dream of living in an old house, but sometimes think I like the idea of one more than I’d like the reality of it.
- Finally, House Beautiful calls Bunny Williams and John Rosselli the first couple of decorating. Here they share their style rules, which are as much about living as they are about decorating. (Last fall I blogged about Bunny’s book An Affair with a House.)
I hope you’re loving all the details of your life. Have a wonderful weekend.